Lady Shri Ram College for Women, University of Delhi
Date : 31-03-2023
Register by : 30-03-2023
It has been 75 years since the Independence of India, and in all these years, the ebb and flow of the Indian economy has stayed prominent. From the 1991 New Economic Policy to the 2007-08 global crisis, and recently, the Covid pandemic; the Indian economy has witnessed many upheavals and changes. Many decisions have been made, policies have been introduced, and several schemes have been enforced- but if any of these resolutions were for the good of the country or merely a naive move, remains debatable. Out of all welfare schemes to be introduced in the country and face public ire, the Aadhaar scheme warrants special mention for its lofty goals and gaping loopholes. The Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016, was passed in the Indian Parliament in March 2016, with the purpose to provide unique identification numbers to Indian citizens. While the policy itself was an ambitious move and would pave the way for seamless integration of service delivery across sectors and schemes, the scheme has subsequently faced frequent public censure. The technical failures, privacy issues and surveillance concerns with the scheme are major problems cited in this regard, all of which have been exacerbated in the COVID pandemic. However, the question of whether these harms counterbalance the ambitious proposed merits of the scheme remains. In order to take forth the debate on this issues, the Department Of Economics of Lady Shri Ram College, in collaboration with the LSR MUN and Public Speaking Society, brings to you a Niti Aayog Committee, as part of the Department’s upcoming annual academic symposium, Econvista’23, scheduled from 31st March- 1st April 2023. The agenda for the committee shall be: “Evaluating the Effectiveness Of Aadhaar As A Welfare Measure”.
- Only undergraduates belonging to their first, second and third years can register.
- Registrations shall be open till 30th March 2023.
- Once your registration is done your portfolios will be shared via mail.
- The event will take place on 31st March 2023 and 1st April 2023, in offline mode, at Lady Shri Ram College for Women.
- Its bilingual in nature ie speeches in hindi or english are acceptable.
- Stay Tuned to our page for more information. Amazing cash prizes (upto INR 6000) await you.
Rewards & Prizes
Cash Prize upto 6000